Thursday, March 31, 2011

MyPaper, my vocab

I just came back from a business trip to Singapore, where I discovered MyPaper, a newspaper that is handed out for free at MTR stations. (It also has an electronic version of the 'paper' on the website.)

The first thing I like about the paper is that it's available in both English and Chinese. That's really useful for Mandarin students.

The second thing I really like about it is that with many of the articles, it has got a short vocab list at the end of the article. Here are some examples:








So if you're looking to learn current and relevant words, or to practise your reading, try to spend some time at the MyPaper website - I'm impressed.
 

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Thanks Greg, this helps so much!! Favorited! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Greg. Not sure whether you already know of this, but I would also recommend "The World of Chinese" http://www.theworldofchinese.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

    ReplyDelete